VITA – Short Biography on Gabriele Schulze
Gabriele Schulze has been an independent consultant, trainer, and speaker since 2010. She gained her profound practical experience in more than 20 years of top management experience in marketing and sales in the national and international hotel industry as well as in the event sector. As Managing Director, she made “Best Western Hotels Germany” the leading middle class brand of the hotel industry.
Today, she advises leading companies and organizations in the design and implementation of sales-critical booking platforms, the introduction of content management and distribution systems, such as Web Booking Engines, Channel Managers, Revenue Management Processes and Systems or CRS.
Since 2012, she has been the publisher of the specialist magazine “tw wagungswirtschaft” (Conference Economy) by the German trade publisher (dfv). Since 2013, she has been a regular lecturer at the German Hotel Academy (DHA). From the year 2014 to 2018, she was lecturing at the “University of Applied Sciences” Salzburg on e-business in Hospitality Management.
Her view into the future reveals new paths and motivates us to act. ” Her topics are: online-strategies, community (social media) – marketing, customer communication in digital worlds, assessment and complaints management, innovative customer loyalty, brand profiling, event and MICE marketing as well as price and distribution strategies.
The special experience of practical experience in national and international projects:
- Development and implementation of price and revenue management strategies for hotel chains and private hotels
- Development and launch of customer loyalty systems and voucher programs.
- Conception of high-selling internet sites with up-to-date booking functions, web-shops, and channel management.
- Selection and implementation of customer relationship management (CRM) systems (and processes) (B2B and B2C).
- Selection and development of Central Reservation Systems (CRS).
- Selection of property management systems and hotel software systems.
- Selection and development of management information systems (ERP, MIS).
- Selection and implementation of knowledge management and intranet systems.
Tabular CV by Gabriele Schulze with main focus:
From 2014 to 2018
Lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences Salzburg.
Editor of “Conference Economy”, a MICE title of the German specialist publisher (dfv).
Speaker, trainer, and consultant Gabriele Schulze – marketing4results
- Consulting of hotels, software companies, tour operators, congress and conference organizers
- Presentations with content and humour
- Seminars on successful selling, marketing, and the clever use of technology for more sales and profit
- Congress and moderation
- Consulting and project management for the implementation of Central Reservation Systems, Channel Managers, Web Booking Engines, Website & Content Management Systems, Booking Portals, Web-shops and Distribution Systems
2008 – 2010
Board of Management Marketing & Technology MICE AG
- Development of new brand strategy after merger with MICE AG
- Introduction of new CRM systems
- Introduction of automated catalogue production with PIM / MAM
- New participant management systems for trade fairs and congresses
- Conception of new MICE portals and corporate websites with content management
2000 – 2008
Managing Director of Best Western Hotels Germany GmbH
- Development of the group as the leading hotel brand provider in Germany, Luxembourg and Poland (160 hotels)
- Development and implementation of company strategies
- International cooperation, focus on marketing, brand management, and technology
- 60 employees
- Annual turnover of affiliated companies: € 420 million of which is centrally managed: € 80 million
1990 – 1999
Marketing Director of Best Western Hotels Germany GmbH
- Construction and structuring of the department; leadership of 28 employees
- Description and implementation of corporate identity
- Construction of advertising department, key account and product management, customer club and partner marketing
- Structure of call centre, meeting and group booking, Implementation RFP systems
- Training marketing and sales staff
- Congress, trade fair, and event organization
- Structuring and quality assurance complaint management
- Project management structure and introduction of intranet & knowledge managementProject Management Selection and Implementation CRM System “Marketing Manager” from update.com / SAGE
- Project management www.bestwestern.de and connection to digital Marketplaces
Regional Sales Manager of Best Western Hotels Germany GmbH
Sales manager of Parkhotel Velbert
Assistant to Holst & Partner Consultants operational advice, Dortmund
1983 – 1985
Directional assistant, Hotel Rögner, Braunlage
Education Hotel business, Hotel Rögner, Braunlage
References Presentations and Speeches
- 6 seminars for the ÖHV in 2020
- Keynote lecture at Munichs Finest 2020 in Munich
- Moderation MICE Forum at the Best of Events 2020
- German Hotel Academy approx. 25 webinars in 2020
- Key Note at the Chiemgau Tourism Day 2019
- Impulse lecture at the Tourism Day Erzgebirge 2018
- North German camping day 2016
- Anniversary UNESCO World Heritage 2016 (moderation)
- Impulse presentation Best of Events 2016, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Congress Innsbruck Chamber of Commerce 2016
- ÖHV Austrian Hotel Association, 2013 to 2017
- HGV Hoteliers Association South Tyrol, trainer since 2013
- German Hotel Academy (DHA) since 2013
- DSFT German Seminar for Tourism, Trainer since 2010
- Per person in the company. • Trainee Gastronomy in 2009, 2010 and 2011 Food – Crafts.
- Bavaria Tourist, Quality Day 2010
- Niedersachen Marketing GmbH, Quality Day 2010
- DeHoGa Lower Saxony, Fachtage 2010
- DeHoGa Academy Baden-Württemberg, trainer 2008 – 2014
- German specialist publisher: German Hotel Congress 2010 – 2017 and MICE Summit 2010
- ITB Berlin, MICE Conference 2010, 2013
- German trade publication Food Forum – 20th IMF Conference Lindau 2010
- EGA – Purchasing company Automobile, anniversary 2010
- Goodyear – Dunlop anniversary 2009
- HSMA & hotel camp 2010
- Annual and sales meetings of Hilton, Maritim, Accor Germany, Novotel, Akzent Hotels, Grand City Hotels and more