Accidentally travel organizer
At the latest from the beginning of July, all newspapers, radio and TV stations will explain to the “consumer”, the meaning of the package travel directive (EU) 2015/2302 for him or her. At your reception the guests will then ask, how come they did not receive an insurance policy for a down payment (insurance policy against your insolvency) and if there is a problem and you are still happily advertising arrangements, packages or package deals, even though you do not want to be a tour operator, you will possibly receive even a costly warning.
So, you must now decide, whether it is worth it to your company, to do the job of a tour operator. And if so, to meet the necessary legal requirements. Or you decide that this job is not for you and besides it has no economic benefits, then, you should even avoid to come under suspicion.
The following are indicators that your offers fall under the package travel directive (EU) 2015/2302 and therefore, you should take on the role of a tour operator:
- You have a touristic focal point and sell with great success packages or arrangements, which are not only called like that, but they are so in content. That includes accommodation with your own high-quality events, such as dinner shows, balls or similar.
- You currently sell with great success “typical services” like overnight accommodation, dinner PLUS the services of your wellness areas. Make the latter more than 25% of the travel price and you want to sell them in the future in the package or as an additional service along with the core performance, then you should quickly implement the new requirements imposed on tour operators.
When you, in fact, offer both but only sell them infrequently, then you should rather watch out, that your guests (or the unfair practices club) clearly know, that you offer a squeaky-clean service as per all rights and duties stemming from the accommodation agreement (Beherbergungsrecht) and that no package tour is on offer.
- Terms like a flat rate, package, arrangement or package tour will no longer appear on your website and in your brochures and price lists.
- Your offers should not be labeled as “typical services”, but should tend towards very neutral names or towards the accommodation services. Example: The Medicus musical offer might prove to be a problem, even if the musical ticket costs less than 25% of the travel price. Better: Experience 4 days and 3 nights in Fulda plus a musical ticket
- Make sure that in all the combined travel services, the non-typical hotel services make up a maximum of 25% of the travel price. This also applies to additional services, that the customer booked together with his overnight stay.
Day workshop or webinar series
Offers for short holiday-makers skillfully put together and promoted
This training conveys with which strategies your holiday offers (arrangements) will become successful in comparison to the normal sales strategy with a day or season prices. Objectives could be to successfully better utilize slow demand times or to ensure a perfect growth of your groups of guests.
- The target segments or persons for holiday offers. Who is available and by whom can you be found?
- In which demand times can short holidays or holiday offers be especially well integrated into the revenue management strategy?
- How do you formulate a clear performance promise? Why is it important that restrictions fit the offer?
- What is the meaning of “guest centering” and service design for the guest groups, that must find your offers wonderful?
- What content is exciting and why less is more. Why is the three-course menu out?
- Where can you make effective marketing for your holiday offers? What role plays content marketing in your strategy?
- What requirements must your web booking engine fulfill, so that, also the direct sales with holiday offers function?
- Package tour, yes or no, what should you watch out for? How do you implement in practice, the package travel directive?
This day seminar can be offered as an open seminar by academies, as well as an internal workshop for hotels, holiday resorts, camping sites, and hotel groups.
Target group: Marketing or reservation employees who have been entrusted with the development of the product and who should develop offers for holiday-makers/short break holiday-makers.
Duration: 1 day or 3 webinars @ 60 minutes each.
Seminare & Vorträge
Diese Weiterbildung vermittelt mit welchen Strategien ihre Urlaubsangebote (Arrangements) neben der normalen Verkaufsstrategie mit Tages- oder Saisonpreisen zum Erfolg werden.
Do you like the content? Please share: