The best motivation speech on tourism day
To understand, how a perfect motivation speech or a good keynote looks on a tourism day, you must understand the goals and the before and after. And make the speeches and content of a tourism day a part of an extensive plan of action. An extensive action plan, which describes the touristic destination (city, region, state) on its path from “here we are” to “that’s where we want to go”.
Tourism days are usually carried out by the tourism organizations on a regional or federal state level. The objectives of tourism days are usually:
- To inform the members of the touristic value chain (from the host, about the amusement park up to the local economy) about the planned or ongoing marketing and quality assurance measures.
- To motivate the touristic entrepreneurs of the region or of the State and to actively work on the set topics and on the agreed objectives. A touristic region works just much better when all the players pull on the same rope. This works best of all when they all have a similar knowledge base and act out of the same convictions.
And here the tourism days come into play. No other form of communication has this potential for making persuasive efforts, knowledge transfer and the call for the motivation to act. It is necessary to succeed so that the tourism day leads the participants to roll up their sleeves and motivate them to do their part in order to achieve common goals.
At the beginning is the transfer of knowledge
Only those who know can also take action. Many destination management or tourist offices have recognized this a long time ago, just like convention bureaus did. Their destination is only as strong as the members of the tourism value chain. Of course, many of you think in the first place about the hosts. Hoteliers, owners of holiday parks, camping places, and holiday apartments, of course, also restaurateurs and the amusement parks, swimming pools, thermal baths, mini-golf facilities, etc. More and more taxi drivers, retailers, and even the local economy are taken into consideration.
The fitting motivational speech depends on the mix of participants and the goals of the tourism organization. As your participants are frequently the practical type, they have not much use for theoretical models, it is important that the presentation meets these requirements:
- Entertaining, understanding and provided with good “storytelling”.
- With many real examples that inspire and help to leave out well-trodden paths.
- Not preaching, but on an equal footing and always appreciative of the listener’s performance.
Examples of objectives of the destination and a suitable motivation speech by Gabriele Schulze:
The target of the organization/destination:
Development of the event business, marketing the congress venues or trade-fair companies
The suitable motivational speech:
The host gene.
- Which trends determine the development and what dangers threaten the conference market?
- Why organizers of conferences or events search for the special location and always for a good story? New concepts and services are in demand, new formats must be promoted because the effect of a personal meeting can hardly be outdone – but the rigid event formats and room concepts of the past are no longer up-to-date.
- What is field marketing competence and how can different industries in combination with special locations have a pull to a destination?
- How can and should the members of the tourism value chain support the attractiveness as an event location? Each part of the puzzle counts.
The target of the organization/destination
The increase of the digital competency of the provider. If the visibility and bookability or marketability of all the small and big providers increases (from the hiking guide to the Congress Hall), then the total visibility and bookability of the destination increases.
The suitable motivational speech:
This is how online marketing works today. Sales strategies for the digital guest.
Sophisticated web booking engines, voucher platforms, table reservations – and modern content management systems allow the hosts and other professional players and above all measurable marketing opportunities to fight for the guest and the optimal way of booking. These topics belong to the necessary competencies of small and large companies. Outsourcing without know-how and controlling go wrong most of the time.
This is what it is about:
- This is how you will be booked. Sales strategies for the digital guest. Without the proper infrastructure, it does not work. If the basis is set up, there is no limit to the imagination.
- Why most of the web booking engines are not worth their money? What are the requirements you must have for a strong selling and modern software for online booking?
- What measures effectively strengthen the direct sale, which mortal sins must be omitted?
- What role does social media marketing really play and what examples are there of successful content marketing?
Be careful when briefing your speakers
When you brief your speaker, do not forget to describe your actual goals. As the beautiful expression goes: The prophet has no honor in his own country. A good motivational speech of an outside expert must effectively help to open your eyes, make you think out of the box, and make you seize immediately your own opportunities.
A good motivational speech moves the participants, takes away their fears and motivates them to act.
Further topics can be found here:
Lecture themes & News & Seminar topics
The good news is that there are countless tools that are also designed to make the life of hoteliers easier in the areas of sales, marketing, order taking, customer loyalty and customer communication, success measurement, revenue management, conversion optimization or content distribution and social media. The bad news is that the range of products is […]
Lecture themes & Seminar topics
Basic course revenue management for hotels and holiday resorts Revenue Management has many aspects to it, and works best in a team. Practical knowledge helps take away fears and makes one look forward to an exciting, profit optimizing project. This seminar can be done in one or two days and is a perfect starter, if […]
Invest in the best customers? Perfect guest and customer loyalty as the key to success! This lecture is particularly suitable for small and medium-sized entrepreneurs and their employees. A much-requested impulse for the anniversary of associations in service industries, trade, or tourism. Content: What is a good guest or a good customer? Who gets the […]
Success factors of interactive meeting formats. More organizers are experimenting with the so-called interactive formats. Thus, event concepts in which the participants themselves become experts and speakers or moderators.
So goes direct sales today One issue which has a major influence on the profitability of a host company is the development of bookings through external sales partners such as online travel agencies. The changes in the market are fast. The prize money is passé, intermediaries and hoteliers are looking for concepts to win the […]
Modern evaluation management – when guests and customers become authors After this lecture, you will understand the systematics, know the most important legal bases, and appreciate the importance of valuation management as a new marketing discipline. The goal is to have as many positive guest evaluations with high credibility as possible. We provide you with […]
Customers can also be used perfectly in digital worlds or “Who is not found, will not be bought”! What bosses of small and midsized companies need to know about the internet and digital evolution The times of static websites are finally over. Already in the search, your telephone number is rather Google, like the telephone […]
Keynote: The host gene. The effect of successful encounters In this key note, the following questions are considered: What trends determine the developments and what threats threaten the conference market? Why do the organizers look for the special location and always a good history of conferences or events? New concepts and services are in demand, […]
Service and trust – the sales boosters in the digital age An entertaining lecture for entrepreneurs who want to make the best use of digitalisation. For entrepreneurs, it is a daily task to take advantage of opportunities and manage risks. Concepts have never been as obsolete as they are today. Never before have customers changed […]
Do you like the content? Please share: