From now on you take care of the online marketing for our hotel
Very often, employees in hotels or resorts in the area of reception, reservation or sales hear this beautiful sentence. Also, the hoteliers of smaller and privately run hotels realize that they cannot rely only on the online agency around the corner. The areas of responsibility regarding search engine optimization for the website, content marketing on the website, control of distribution, monitoring of production and of different sales channels, planning and implementation of online marketing and social media activities and last but not least, the really important pricing strategy, require human resources and a vast expert knowledge. The latter is also to be constantly kept up to date.
The basic training for persons in charge of distribution, online marketing, social media, and at least a basis for profit-optimizing price strategies
This training you should make available for the responsible employees either through appropriate seminars, webinars or coaching. Also, successful outsourcing is sufficient.
The hotel website and online booking possibility of all the services
- How do I recognize a successful website for gastronomy or for the hotel industry and how do I know, whether my existing page is still up to date?
- Creation of a website concept and briefing of the implementing agency
- How do I choose a service provider for the creation or development of my website?
- Why are websites not any more “programmed”, but are created with content management software? What can they do? How do they differ? How much do they cost?
- Why are the following key success factors; online booking of rooms, meeting rooms, office space, table reservation, booking of event tickets or an online shop for coupons?
- How do I find the right suitable software for my hotel? How to explain considerable price differences for the creation of a website or the licensing of software for online booking or for a channel manager? How do I find out which software is suitable?
- How do I create a professional infrastructure to cope with future challenges?
- Coverage and sales through external distributors business models and success factors
- How do I measure success?
Search engine optimization, content marketing, improvement of conversion, basics of online marketing
- You already have a modern website, a channel manager and software for online bookings is already in use and now you want to develop successful strategies for more direct sales, more visitors, and a better conversion of visitors to booking visitors.
- “How does Google work”? What must persons responsible for e-commerce understand about Google strategies?
- What is searched in Google and how often and how do I make sure that the various topics and offers will be better found on my website.
- Development of a content marketing strategy. Create appropriate content for your own USP.
- From the target to the measurement of success. What are landing pages, how are they designed and shaped to successful sellers?
- How do I incorporate promotions or vouchers in my online strategy, what do I have to watch out for when choosing the associated software?
- More qualified visitors – marketing concepts for more visitors to your own website and a better conversion of visitors to booking visitors. Basics of search engine marketing and e-news concepts.
- What does a conversion rate optimizer do, what to watch out for in the selection?
Distribution and coverage through the buildup and the control of the external digital sales
- Success factors in external sales. What is the basis to generate a “fair share of revenue” from the online booking portals?
- What digital distribution channels are there? How do they differ? For which target groups and business types are they suitable?
- The relevant indicators of the distribution and its monitoring.
- How do you promote external sales and simultaneously secure a reasonable foothold in direct sales?
- Pricing strategies in the multi-channel sales. The skillful game with prices and restrictions and the optimum dealings with sales partners.
- The specific characteristics of the relevant OTA, that should be known to every responsible distributor.
- Mapping, an art which requires firstly a good strategy and then the technical implementation.
- How are promotions for poor demand times intelligently planned and implemented? That way, the demand is actually increased and not simply granted on little overnight volume with unnecessary discounts as well.
- What are metasearch portals, what kind of cooperation could you test? How to plan such projects and measure success?
Dealing with reviews. Why review and complaint management are inseparable.
- Why customers and guests reviews, what impact reviews have on your sales performance?
- The influence of customer reviews on the purchase decision.
- The four stages in the review management: Targets and tasks.
- What are assessment wizards and how can they support the daily work?
- Respond to reviews online properly. Professionally respond to public criticism or praise.
- How you can avoid being taken apart on the net? Why a functioning complaints management for a successful review management is a pre-requisite?
- How the review and complaints management (should) influence the strategic quality? Why should you encourage customers to make public reviews? What methods are there? What are data protection regulations?
- How you can measure the results of this basic work and what legal framework conditions must be taken into account.
Social media marketing. Successful customer loyalty, effective marketing and powerful advertising on social networks
- How do you formulate (measurable) targets for a modern marketing strategy? What is the initial situation, which infrastructure should be established? Which targets are useful to you, now? Search for employees, public relations or acquisition. The target determines the methods.
- From target, over to the measures, up to the choice of methods. How a website, newsletter, social networks or blogs usefully link? Why it is not the channel, but the target that decides.
- The main features and differences between Facebook, XING, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
- How to build communities, how to find the right likers and followers?
- Planning and implementation of social media communications. The editorial plan.
- Planning, implementing and measuring the success of advertising campaigns on Facebook. What is to be observed, how should you monitor and control service providers and agents?
- How to combine editorial planning with promotional support?
- Legal frameworks and how to protect your accounts from hackers?
The basics of dynamic pricing. Does yesterday’s pricing strategy fit today’s guests and sales channels?
- Is automated revenue management only for the big companies or for the clever ones?
- Hotel products with powerful distribution have a vast coverage. Instead of the printing and letter delivery of a year’s price list, it is possible to place the prices in digital form for the most different guest circles, where the guests can find it. The more varied the guest wishes, the wider should be the new prices range.
- Pricing strategy commercially calculated and loaded with a clever evaluating system.
- The types of revenue management.
- Turnover is not “God-given”. The handling of guest wishes, occupancy, and rates, result directly into better profitability.
- Instead of an annual price list, dynamic pricing.
- How does the price become the product and the price increase becomes the marketing campaign, and why must the price be liked by the guest?
- The right infrastructure decides on the success!
- Is modern revenue management software only something for the big players or has the market already cheaper alternatives?
Seminar or webinar, you choose
Each of these theme areas is either a day seminar with lots of interaction or a webinar series with approximately 4 to 5 one-hour webinars. This training can be offered by academies or as destinations of the open seminar or webinar series or can be booked as in-house training from hotels or hotel groups.